Directors & Officers Risk Management Consulting
ePlace provides corporate directors & officers with professional guidance in satisfying their legal duties to the corporation and its shareholders in addition to identifying and managing critical risk areas.
Receive consulting in-house or through one of our partner law firms in any of the following areas:
- Directors and officers regularly face liability from employment claims against them personally, and against the corporation.
Cyber & Data Security
- As reliance on digital data storage grows, so does the potential liability for loss of confidential information for directors and officers.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Liability firm mergers and acquisitions is a growing threat in the current financial market where shareholder lawsuits are a near certainty.
- Directors & officers owe legal duties to the corporation that can evolve as the corporation becomes insolvent and enters bankruptcy proceedings.
- Competitors suing for intellectual property infringement and unfair competition pose serious liability risks for directors and officers and the corporation.
- Class claims by customers alleging violations of consumer protection laws create liability for directors & officers.
Small & Family-Owned Businesses
- Family-owned businesses and their directors and officers face unique areas of liability because of their size and number of shareholders.
- Directors & officers of public and private corporations face personal liability form government regulatory investigations and penalties.